simplelife

Thursday, August 24, 2006

An update on my son

He is now 23 months old. His size is not too fat and not too thin either. He weighs less than 10.5kg and stands approximately 80cm plus. His does not have much hair and we kept it short most of the time.

Sometimes he wants to be independent but sometimes he likes to rely on me. He likes to be independent when it comes to food. He likes to feed himself most of the time. I like this type of independence. Whenever he sees somebody is eating, he will likely go into the kitchen and get himself a small plate and fork or spoon hoping to share the food with you. But I do not like this type of independence. To me, it is greedy. But this is one bad habit kids in my MIL’s house practice. I could not stop him as he sees others do it everyday.

He is also potty trained during the day which he is able to tell if he wants ‘she she’ (pee) or ‘mmm mmm’ (poo). Even nowadays when I bring him out to shopping, he will be diaperless. But during his night sleep, he still need a diaper as sometimes he peed but sometimes he does not. I planned to train him in this coming months if possible.

He is able to put on his pants on his own but he likes to rely on me to help him. I should have insist he put on himself but each time he will make funny faces when he is asked to put it on himself.

His vocabulary is expanding each day. But his sentences only consist of 2-3 words. He is not a chatty kind of guy just like daddy, so probably it is the reason why he is slow in this area. He talks mostly mandarin and English as everyone except me converse in mandarin while I speaks English to him. When we go back to my dad’s house, they will talk to him in Cantonese instead. Hopefully he will be multilingual.

He likes watching TV very much. His eyes are glued to the TV most of the time. Even when I am dressing him after a bath or change him into his pajamas, his eyes are fixed to the TV.

He likes to see animals and insects such as dogs, cats, birds, lizards, butterfly, worms and etc. He is very affectionate to them too. But he is shy and timid too as he does not dare to touch them nor go near to them. He likes to see from a far.

He likes to be carried around especially by me. He always says: love mommy, love daddy and love baby. He would always lavish me with hugs and kisses too. ZM, mommy love you too!

2 Comments:

  • Such a joy to see the little one grow each day hey. I guess your heart melt when he says I love you mummy and shower you with lots of kisses and hugs! That's the joy of being parents!

    By Blogger Contented Mum, at 4:44 PM  

  • Yeah, i will definitely cherish these moments when they are so innocent and meant what they say. I would like to see them grow slowly and hopefully i will not miss out any important event that occurs. I am sure you would feel the same! :)

    By Blogger alexis, at 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home