simplelife

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Delivery Story (Part 1)

In this post, I will share my experience on the day my baby was born. Each mother has their own story to tell and here is mine.

It was August 28, 2006 and it was still 3 weeks early to my due date.At around 1am, I have started to have mild contractions and could not sleep. I manage to catnap in between contractions while in sitting position. At around 3am plus, the contractions began stronger but bearable and I really could not sleep now. When I go to the washroom, I notice that my panty liner was stained with blood. Now I really suspected something is not right.

I showered and washed my hair at 6am. Trimmed my nails and move my bowel. Then I took a cup of hot Milo to beat my hunger pang. Then I called my gynae, Dr Menon at 7am to see what I should do. He suggested I should go straight to hospital or see him at 10am at his clinic. I told hubby (who was still sleeping) that we should go to General Hospital and we were in our car at 8.30am. We reached there at about 9am and a check by a nurse there that I am already 4cm dilated.

Quickly all procedures of admission is processed and I am wheeled into labour room. A matron and a trainee nurse came in and told me that they will assist me in the delivery. A fetal monitor is then strapped onto my belly for monitoring. Not long later, a Chinese Dr Foo came in and checked on me and told me I am 5cm dilated. I asked him how long do I have to wait before I can deliver and he said normally it will 1 hour for 1cm dilation. At that time, it was approximately 10am. After the doctor went out, my contractions began stronger and nearer. The trainee nurse quickly informs another matron of my condition. When the matron saw me, she knows that I am really in labour and helped me. In 3 pushes, my baby was born naturally to this world. The time was 10.53am. I was glad. Later, the matron guided the trainee nurse to stitch me up.
It took them 1 ½ hours to stitch me back. After stitching, they left me waiting until 1.45pm when they brought my baby to me. At 3pm, they brought me to a ward to rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home