simplelife

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Sleep Routine

Yesterday night, I wanted to take a break from accompanying my son to sleep. So, I casually tell him that tonight daddy will accompany him to sleep. He said 'ok'. How happy i am! So, i when the time comes, daddy and I went to bedroom with my son. Then daddy took his position by sleeping besides my son. Wah...........mummy, mummy, mummy..........................! He protested! He quickly gets up and pushed daddy away. He wants me to sleep besides him. I said 'no' as I need to pick up all his toys since he did not pick it up. He protested and keep shouting. I went out of bedroom and head dowstairs. Not even few seconds later, hubby was heard asking me to come up. There is no way he could get my son to sleep. Once I was in the bedroom, my son came over to me and pull me to his bed and ask me to sleep with him. Hubby then goes out of the room leaving me with my son. Then the noumal routine starts. I sleep besides him and my arm extended to become his pillow. Before long, he is in slumberland. There goes my plan to watch astro.

But the actual reason is that I wanted my son to stop relying and being so attached to me. I wanted him to be attached to hubby more so that later when second baby comes, hubby can take care of him while I attend to baby. Moreover, during delivery, I will be in hospital for at least a night, so I would not like to see my son unable to sleep without me.

Well, I guess i have to continue with this routine of accompanying my son to sleep and see how it goes. Any suggestions anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home