simplelife

Friday, June 30, 2006

Reading Habit

My son has a very short attention span. I have always wanted him to love reading (like I do) since a very young age. But each time I bring out a book for him, he will not concentrate for long. The most is 1 minute. All he does is to flip the book for few pages and he is done. He will gladly put the book back to the proper place and if he is still interested to flip books again, he will grab another book. He seldom sits down and listens to the story that I tell him. The books that I bought for him are from various shapes and colours from hard cover to soft cover, paper type to clothes type, With music emitting from book to none, with buttons to press to none and etc…….

I really envy some parents with kids that love to read. Their kids are seen to be so engrossed in their story land in most bookstores that I went. I would love to see my son react that way. Each time I bring my son to a bookstore, all he does is run around the shop and touch anything that fancy him.

I have dreams to bring my son to public library as soon as he is old enough. I have even checkout some libraries on their entry age for kids. I just can’t wait for the time where I can bring my son to library. You see, when I was small, I remember my dad used to bring us (my sisters and I) to the National Library to borrow books. I would borrow story books and enjoy those times. My dad would gladly drive us without complain whenever we tell him that we had to go to the library. We have to thank him for what he have done for us.

Now, I wonder if my son will have such enthusiasm on reading as me. I hope he does. Any ideas on how to cultivate good reading habit, anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home