simplelife

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Snow Jelly

Today, I will make myself Snow Jelly (suet kap in cantonese). Many pregnant mothers will either take this Snow Jelly or Birds Nest. It is suppose to be good for the baby and the mother. Don't know how true but just fell like taking it. I took Birds Nest for my first pregnancy but this time around, I would like to take Snow Jelly.

I bought it from my friend whose father opens Chinese Medicine Shop. So, she advised me on how to boil this. She said I should take a very small quantity of the Snow Jelly and soak in water for 4 hours. But I must change the water regularly. According to the instruction from the leaflet, the Snow Jelly will grow 30-40 times the original size. How true it is! Then, after 4 hours of soaking, I may start to boil in crockpot for another 4 hours. She said I can add Red dates and a bit of Rock Sugar for taste. Boy, this is a long process, though.

As of now writing, I am still in the soaking process. Hope it turns out good....... Yummm...yum.....

2 Comments:

  • Wow, you really take pain to boil the snow jelly ya, I lazy person, won't do all these!

    By Blogger Contented Mum, at 3:33 PM  

  • Well, that is what my friend taught me. With the first pregnancy, I have tried the pre-made snow jelly and it made me sick! Dr. said if I want to eat it, better boil yourself and make it fresh. So, this time round, I tried it.

    Why don't you give it a try? Its nice though!

    By Blogger alexis, at 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home