simplelife

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Good year to have babies

It seems that this year is a good year to get pregnant and have babies. Everywhere I go, I can see pregnant ladies. No wonder that I have heard stories from relatives and friends that so many mothers wanted to give birth but was rejected in government hospital due to lack of beds!! My own sister in-law just told me that when she delivered her baby last week. Luckily she waited for a while after she gave birth and a bed was been emptied by a mother. While she was there, she also saw many pregnant mothers being wheel in and out of hospital. This is sure scary. What if it happens to me when I want to deliver? I pray hard now that this will not happen to me.

Having many babies born on the same year also not only create problems for hospitals but also for the babies later in their schooling years. Favourable schools will see a huge number of registrants of new students and have to reject many that are late to register. So, parents have to register their children early.

Among the many ethnics in Malaysia, I think Chinese are more particular in selecting which year they want the children to be born in. They favour children that are born in the Year of Dragon which is the best animal among the 12 animals. So, that is why there is a surge in numbers of babies born in that year. But some other animal signs are also popular and there are also certain years that are not suitable to have babies. Chinese are also very careful about money. They plan very carefully when to have babies as nowadays they do not fancy having many children of their own. They rather have less children but provide the best for them.

1 Comments:

  • being preggie yourself, then you will be sensitive to your surrounding and found out that there are also many other preggers. I tend to have that kind of feeling when I was pregnant. It's as if everywhere I go, I bumped into pregnant womens.

    Quite true about chinese choosing the birth year of the baby. I'm one. I'm planning for a PIGGY GIRL. :) Hope it really out a PIGGY girl not a PIGGY BOY. :)

    By Blogger Montessorimum, at 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home