simplelife

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Porridge

Since my son’s boycott of porridge, he never wanted to touch porridge again. When I ask him if he wants any porridge, he will shake his head or just say no. Sometimes, when we bring him out for a typical Chinese Restaurant for tim sum as breakfast, a bowl of porridge will turn him off. He never really tasted non home cooked porridge as my mother in-law said that home cooked porridge is healthier but a bit bland. If he takes non home cooked porridge, he might not like the bland home cooked porridge anymore. Nevertheless, whenever I see porridge, I would always ask him if he wants some.

I think the reason why he rejects porridge is he got bored of the same thing daily. It was my mother in-law’s idea of giving porridge to toddlers for breakfast. My niece who is being taken cared by my mother in-law is still taking porridge for breakfast. I wonder how long he would boycott porridge as everyday now I have to prepare different types of breakfast for him. I think it would take quite a long time for him to accept porridge again, probably few years. In the mean time, I will happily try to find new types of breakfast to serve to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home