simplelife

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Bonding

The television in the living room is turn on the whole day and my son’s eyes are often glued to the set. So, every night after dinner, I would ask him if he would like to retreat to our bedroom for our bonding time and he would gladly agree. In our bedroom, there are lots of toys and books that we have bought for him. But he does not like sitting down and listen to me reading to him.

So, sometimes we just lay on the bed doing nothing structured. On the bed, I sometimes tickle him, cuddle him give him lots of hugs and kisses and he returns them too. I will also talk to him to cajole him to speak more to me. He likes this kind of bonding too as he likes to play with me. Sometimes my hubby will join us as sometimes he needs to work or just unwind in front of the television.

Sometimes I get a book for him and he will just flip a few pages and get other toys to play. He has this book with many buttons which will sing songs and funny sounds. He like this book the best. At times he just likes to play with his train set which he can assemble the railway tracks himself. Or I would set up my hubby’s notebook and let him play with some online games of ABC’s and Animal Sounds. If not, he will get the simple puzzle set and dissemble and assemble.

Once a blue moon, I will take out photo albums and show him himself when he was a baby. He does not recognize himself at all and when I ask him who was it, he said “baby”. But he does recognize all his family members by calling their names.

I like such sessions as we get to bond and get closer. I hope I can still bond with him later when my new baby arrives. I am afraid I will neglect him as I need to tend to my new baby. But nevertheless, I will try my best to bond with everyone including my hubby so that we stay closely together as a family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home