simplelife

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Durians

Yippee!!!! Durians are in season now! I like to eat durians and I don’t mind eating any types of durians as long as it is durians. I understand some people just like to eat certain variety of durians. I think I have inherited this liking from my mother who inherited from her mother as well! Now, I have passed down this trait to my son, it seems!

These few days, my house has this new scent, durian scent! My father in-law has bought durians after work. Once he is back, he will feast it first with my mother in-law and my son. They will crouch in the kitchen together and feast before anybody else and dinner. My son will be swallowing his saliva waiting for his grandfather to pry open the durian. Then he will shout ‘hold, hold’ wanting a portion of the big flesh fruit. Normally my mother in-law would feed him instead as it is too dangerous for him to eat a portion by himself.

I have restrained myself from eating durians for the last few days. The reason? I feel very hot and sweaty all the time and if I were to consume durians, I am afraid I could not sleep at night! But yesterday night, the durian was tempting to eat them! There they were, lying in the kitchen floor and kept staring at me! At last, I succumb to my temptation! I told myself that I will just take 1 portion and I will head for a shower. But to my dismay, I took 4 portions before I went for my shower! How weak I am!! But I am satisfied. Burp….. I am now real satisfied……….. hmmmm……. Boy, was it devilish or what….. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home