simplelife

Monday, July 24, 2006

Shopping

The Malaysian Mega Sales is back! Many departmental stores and retail outlets are having the great sale starting 22 July up to September’06 to entice consumers like you and me to spend money!!

Frankly speaking, since I am expecting another child, there are some essential items that I must buy. First on my list is a booster chair for my son. Since he is currently using a baby car seat, but I think he will outgrow it sooner or later and the seat would be passed down to my baby. Although he does not really like using the baby car seat, but I think it is important for small children to be properly strapped while in a car. But it is seldom that I see parents in Malaysia that emphasis the important of buckling up a child when they outgrow their infant car seat. Many of them just ignore the safety of their child and let them sit behind the driver without buckling up or with a booster seat.

I understand, the price is so expensive when it comes to these equipments. So, parents might be hesitant to buy and rather drive more carefully when on the road. But accidents do happen, right? Sometimes when we drive, we are careful, but do other drivers are as careful are we are? We don’t know. So, I think I rather be safe than sorry, or else, I might regret it for the rest of my life.

So, Saturday and Sunday, we went shopping for a booster seat. With the Mega Sales, I was hopping that these seats will be offered at a good bargain. But to my dismay, the most that they can offer is 20% off the retail price! Some good and sturdy seat that we saw was way beyond our budget. And with just a 20% discount, we still don’t think we can afford it. But we saw one shop in The Curve was having 50% discount on these seats! I think we will go back to the shop and get the seat. I hope they still have them when we go there again maybe this weekend as the salesgirl said it is while stocks last. :)

3 Comments:

  • Hi, I was blog hopping. I too have yet to get my booster seat for my girl as they are waaaay too expensive. I know, spank me, bad mommy :)

    By Blogger IMMomsDaughter, at 4:51 PM  

  • Both my car seats are convertible, can be used from newborn to 25kg, so I don't have to worry about changing yet.
    That's why not all parents can afford one, car seat is really expensive here.

    By Blogger shoppingmum, at 11:02 PM  

  • Imomsdaughter,
    Hi, nice to meet you! :)
    Yeah, it is sooooo expensive, but what to do, I do not want to regret later as it would be my fault if i do not get one. Just have to tighten my belt and save more lor after buying it........

    Shoppingmum,
    Thats a great idea by having a convertible seat, but i bet the price of one is high! My first baby car seat was a pass-me-down from my SIL, so i happily used it until now. With another coming along, have to buy a new seat liow...... :)

    By Blogger alexis, at 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home