simplelife

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Pregnant women gets better treatment

I notice that some people tend to treat pregnant women nicer and better. We get better treatment even from our own hubby! Hubby will be extra nice and gentle compared to when we are not pregnant.

I have personally experience these encounters. Whenever I get on a commuter when its pack with people, there are some kind souls who would offer their sit to me. There was this once, I was offered a sit by a teenager who was traveling with her younger siblings. After she offered her sit to me, her sister asked her why she offered her sit and she politely told her that I am pregnant with a baby and I need the sit more than her. I was so touch that at least there are some teenagers still have some good moral values instilled in them. When it the train stopped at my station, they too wanted to get down. Again, the teenager saw I was getting ready to go down and let me get down first. I can only say thank you to her for her kind gestures. Deep down in my heart, I hope that we have more of these people around so that this world will be a better place to live.

There was this once when I wanted to get my lunch from an Indian Restaurant. I wanted their mix rice as their food was good. After selecting different types of dishes to go with my rice, I need to get their staff to calculate how much I need to pay. Then the staff asked me: ‘cukup kah, makan untuk dua orang!’ then I told him its enough for me. He then proceed to give me 4 pieces of papadam to accompany with my rice. How nice of him. Normally you would only get one or 2 pieces of papadam, but today, I got 4! How happy I am!

Wherever I go, people will sometimes come up to me and asked about my tummy. Mothers will share their pregnancy stories and others will ask what the gender of my baby is. Some will take a guess what is the gender by looking at my tummy and outlook. Many will offer some advise what should I take and should not take during pregnancy. When I go to my regular places, staff that knows me will definitely stop what they are working and chat with me.

Hubby will be willingly do anything that I asked him to without much complain. If I were to request for some certain food, he will definitely get it for me. But luckily for me (and him), I do not have special cravings that I need to bother my hubby to get it for me. Mostly he is more concern if I were to go out alone or with my son without him. But most of the time, he is confident enough to let me go out on my own. I know one friend whose husband is so protective of her, that he chauffeurs her wherever she goes and follows her everywhere. Probably it’s because she is pretty.

My pregnancy will end in 2 months time. I will sure miss these kind gestures of Malaysian. After pregnancy, then everything will go back to normal. Facing those ‘rude Malaysian’ and not so nice people who shove each other when trying to get on public transport. I sincerely hope everyone will be nice and polite all the time so that everyone will live happily always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home