simplelife

Monday, July 17, 2006

Train Trip

I have introduced my son to various mode of transport and vehicle since he was small. Now, he can identify car, bus, bicycle, motorbike, truck, garbage truck, train, aeroplane, helicopter, boat and etc. Whenever we go out, he can always point out these vehicles. He can even identify and recognize his daddy and the rest of the family’s car.

Yesterday, I wanted to go back to my mom’s house. Normally hubby would drive me there. But today, I have wanted to travel on Komuter to my mom’s house. Luckily there is a station near my house and a station new my mom’s house. Since he always sees train from afar, I think he would have loved this trip.

When he woke up in the morning, I told him of my plan. He got very excited and looked forward for the trip. All I need to do is just to convince my hubby to let me travel while I am heavily pregnant and have to care for my active toddler while trying to find a seat myself on a crowded train whom mostly made up of young people wanted to go to Mid Valley Mega Mall. After much persuasion, he let me go and made me promise if I could not manage it, I should get out at any station and call him.

Soon after our breakfast, I quickly pack some snack and milk to distract my son in the train. Then, once done, hubby drove us to the station. There, I introduce my son to the ticket counter and bought a one way ticket to Kajang. It cost me RM3.70. Then, we waited for about 5 minutes before the train arrived at the station. In the train, there was hardly a seat left as there are my people. Luckily there is young Malay guy who is kind enough to offer his seat to us.

My son was very quiet and observes his surrounding while I explain to him what was going on and what is happening. Well, to some people, there is not much of an excitement, but to a young toddler, it was a new experience as all along, he was used to traveling in cars only. He did not make a fuss nor asked for drinks or snack throughout the journey. As the journey was quite long (40minutes), he got a bit bored too towards the end of the journey.

At last, the train stopped at Kajang station. We got down and he said bye-bye to the train and I promised that I will bring him to another train trip next time. On the overall, it was a breeze and he likes it very much. My dad came and pick us up and we went back to my mom’s home.

2 Comments:

  • The train ride's certainly a good experience for the kids. We also recently taken both JS & WH for the commuter ride from sban to Subang. They enjoyed it so much.

    By Blogger Montessorimum, at 11:15 AM  

  • Yeah, I do intend to bring my son to experience different types of transport so he can have a feel of it. But must do it on non-peak hours lah....
    I think nowadays kids do not know much about public transport as each family has a car and never wanted them to suffer with our poor transport system. But I feel riding on a public transport at times are an experience they need. :)

    By Blogger alexis, at 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home