simplelife

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Playgound

Yesterday evening, hubby wanted to look for a client in a nearby housing estate. There is a park (it was a used mining land) with places for jogging, lotus ponds and a playground for kids. So, my son and I have decided to tag along so that while hubby looks for his client, both of us can spend some time in the playground.

When we arrive at the playground, there are many families there enjoying the evening. Some kids brought along their ball and some brought their bicycle. The rest just play with the at the play area. My son was very excited when he saw a cat nearby. He goes up to the cat and kept saying ‘cat come!’ wanting to play with the cat. I urge him to stroke the cat but he was too afraid to do so and kept asking the cat to come. Later, he saw a dog passed by and again, he said ‘dog come, come!’ but the dog was even more shy than my son and ran away when my son run towards it.

The equipment at the play area is clean and looks new. My son enjoyed himself very much going up and down the slides, swing and others. There is this girl who is around 10 years old who is also playing at the play area while her dad is jogging nearby. She was near my son up in the playhouse and wanted to hold my son’s hand to urge him to play along. But my son was too shy and did not want to follow her and allow her to take his hand to guide him. I think my son need more exposure with playing with other kids. Sometimes, he will initiate to play with others but sometimes he is just plain reluctant. He is a very shy boy and by exposing him to more people his age would help him to be more confident (I hope). I will try to bring him more to public places to let him socialize more.

I rather bring my son to such places like this park rather than shopping malls. Many parents nowadays rather bring their kids to shopping mall as it is all air-conditioned and piped with soothing music. But I don’t really think this is a good activity for kids. Kids need exercise and sweat it out in open air more than confining them in dirty air in a confined mall. But sometimes I am also guilty, as the weather is just so hot and humid that makes every normal human being wanted to be in a shopping mall. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home